It looks like you are visiting our site on a browser that is really old. Unfortunately, this means you can’t get the full experience. It’d be awesome if you could upgrade to a modern browser, especially Chrome and Firefox as that is the best out there right now.
5UT Health Science Center: 210 562 4035
UTSA: 210 458 6767
~ Advancing research collaborations between academic, military, and industry to improve health outcomes
UTSA, the San Antonio Military Health System (SAMHS) and UT Health San Antonio would like to invite you to the fifth annual SAMHS and Universities Research Forum (SURF), a regional event that highlights the latest research and discoveries of trainees, faculty, staff and students working to improve health outcomes.The forum will be held on Thursday & Friday, June 13 & 14, 2019, at The University of Texas at San Antonio Main Campus(One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249) , H-E-B Student Union Ballroom (HSU) from 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. on June 13th and 8:15am – 12:30pm on June 14th. Registration opens at 7:30 A.M. on both days.
Forum participants will have the opportunity to present and share innovations in research, practice, and policy; earn continuing education credits/units (e.g., CME, CNE, CDE); and connect with scholars and practitioners for future education, research, policy, and practice collaborations. The event will include paper and poster sessions, panel discussions, a pitch session, and symposia along 12 themes.
SURF 2019 Themes:
1. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Analytics
2. Brain Health
3. Evidence Generation & Translation for Patient-Centered Care
4. Immunology & Infectious Diseases
5. Inpatient-Outpatient Care
6. Oral & Systemic Disease Interactions
7. Patient Engagement & Continuity of Care
8. Pre-hospital Trauma & Critical Care
9. Precision Medicine
10. Public Health & Wellness
11. Regenerative & Molecular Medicine
12. Substance Abuse & Mental Health
To submit an abstract to present at SURF 2019, please visit: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=surf2019
Free Registration & Parking
>> Registration and Information | http://research.utsa.edu/surf
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to access the EasyChair website due to firewall issues, please email your abstract(s) (docx format), with disclosure form and CV (PDF format), to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate if you would like to be considered for a podium or poster presentation. If submitting multiple abstracts, please specify this information in the body of the email. Additionally, please include the below information in the body text.
1. abstract title
2. abstract summary (not to exceed 500 words)
3. a minimum of 3 keywords or phrases to characterize your submission
4. indicate which of the 12 themes your submission falls under (all that apply)
5. List the following for all corresponding authors and identify the speaker(s):
· first name
· last name
· email address
· professional web page (if applicable)
Please follow all guidelines outlined in the abstract guidance document. More information (themes, guidance, and disclosure form) can be found at http://research.utsa.edu/surf/.